As your doctor our focus is to improve your health and wellbeing with more than just pharmaceuticals.
Lifestyle medicine seeks to address changes from a personal to societal level that may have impacted your health or may be preventing you from full recovery. Traditional medicine approaches and advancements in science are great but may not always offer the best solution for each person. An integrated approach can be part of your solution!
Lifestyle medicine’s focus is on the person in front of us and their lifestyle including:
- Physical activity and exercise
- Diet and nutrition
- Restorative sleep
- Stress reduction and mental health
- Harmful substance reduction or cessation of tobacco, drugs and alcohol
- Social connectedness
At the societal level many factors impact an individual's health and well-being including:
- Environment and ecological health
- Poverty and health inequality
- Social isolation
- Loss of culture and identity